This is from Patrick's Place if you want to join in! It's lots of fun! From my entry yesterday - I will be answering the three questions from everybody in day or two. I may have bitten off more than I can chew..LOL..boy, you all really gave me some thinkers! I will be honest and do my best, though. I like to learn about myself as well as others from these question-type tasks. I encourage others to challenge themselves to ask their readers for three questions in their journal as well. I am actually learning about myself! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
1. What is your all-time favorite Christmas Carol or holiday song? I love all of the old standards from childhood. They bring back such good memories. I think my favorite might be "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I do also love "Mary Did You Know?" Oh, it is just so hard to pick just one!
2. What percentage of your Christmas shopping have you completed? About 90%. Yay!!
3. Other than yourself, which of the following would you most likeyour child to have as a role model and why:
C) Professional Athlete
Hmm..hard...any of these as long as they got there the honest way and are living an honest life and are happy with what they are doing.
4. What current television show would you most like to see disappear permanently? Jerry Springer, ugh., and can I pick one more? Fear Factor, uck. Actually, I think there needs to be a lot of cleaning up on the television!!! It is pretty, pretty bad!!
5. Have you used any themed photo wall calendar in 2004? Do you already have one ready for 2005, and if so, what is next year's theme of choice?
I have a plain white one that was given to me, just mostly white with a little light blue around the corner. I have one ready for me for 2005 that was given to me by my oil compony that delivered my oil a couple of weeks ago It has scenery from around the country and it is quite beautiful!
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #35 from Armand: Read this quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson recently posted in Armand's journal, "Uncommon Sense." Given the context of the quote, how have you been most successful in your life?
To laugh often and love much;
to win the respect of intelligent persons
and the affection of children;
to earn the approbation of honest citizens
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to give of one's self;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived
this is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wow, this is pretty incredible to read, pretty incredible indeed!! It is one of my very favorite quotes! I love Ralph Waldo Emerson and I love this passage!! My hope is that by the end of my life I have accomplished this as best as I can. I do believe that I appreciate beauty and I play and laugh with enthusiasm. I also believe that children and animals like me. I am trying very hard to make the world a better place before I leave it. I volunteer when I am able and try and do my part to be a good citizen. I also try and show my children, through my actions, what my beliefs are and how to challenge yourself to be a better person.
Have a good rest of the weekend everyone! We are having a Victorian Christmas in my little town here and I hope to go out and enjoy it some! Wow, the sun is actually poking out after days and days of rain as well! So exciting! Take care of one another...