Monday, August 30, 2004

Having Lots of Fun!!

Good day everyone!  Boy, I have been going, and going, and going...just like the Energizer Bunny!  My shunt must be working because I am actually keeping up with Chelsea and she is a teenager!!   I decided to include a picture of my Mama today as I wanted to honor her as a teenager.  I thought it might be interesting to compare her to my two teenaged children around the same age.  I asked my Mama what age she was when I first saw this picture and I was astounded to hear her tell me that she was just 17.   I have always thought that my Mama looked elegant and beautiful and graceful in pictures.   Her identical twin sister passed away in October of last year.   I am one of the few people that can pick out which one is my mother and which one is her twin sister, Chrissie, in pictures.  They were always posing in pictures together wearing the same outfits.  By their teenage years, though, they had their own styles and were not dressed alike.  This picture has me thinking.  I wonder where her sister was?  Well, more about my sweet Mama and her sweet twin later...

About Chels and her arrival... I greeted her at the airport with flowers and a couple of tears, goosebumps, and a big hug!  I had waited 12 years for this!!  Oh, to hold her and know that she was staying and not having a date to go back home to another state, another home, away from me and away from my arms.  I was elated!  She was greeted by me, my good friend Karen, her good friend, Ali (Alison) who is Karen's daughter, and her friend Erin.  We gabbed and laughed all the way home.  Chelsea's smile was so big and she had the darkest Florida tan because she had been staying at a resort which had been her home for about three weeks because of the hurricane.  We arrived home to balloons and a dinner prepared for her that were her requested and favorite foods.  We talked and shared pictures and stories and had a really nice time.  Chelsea talked alot about the hurricane and about how much she missed her two-year-old brother, Sammy.  He is cute as a button and they have grown very close.  He was the hardest for her to leave.  That really, really hurts my heart.  I will put pictures of Sammy in here sometime as he is just adorable and looks somewhat like Chelsea.  Our guests then went home and Chelsea and I spent a relaxing time talking, getting her settled in her new bedroom and spent some time on the computer.

The second day we visited my parents (her O'pa and O'ma).  We then went to my friend, Karen's, house and spent some time talking and roaming around on their land.  They live on a beautiful piece of land which was once a working farm.  It has beautiful trees, a barn, a running creek, a stone street you can walk on, an occasional deer or fox or whatever animal you might see, and  is just a great place to get away from it all.  It has concord grape vines and a swing, and, well, I just find something new there everytime I go!!  We picked up Ali and went shopping, shopping, shopping!!  Chelsea lost all of her belongings and most of her clothes and we are trying to replace what she needs.  So, you know teenagers and shopping!  It was alot of fun, though!  I knew that the articles we picked up were much needed!  Then we went grocery shopping.  And as the saying goes....Never go grocery shopping when you are hungry....and never tell a teenager to pick out anything they want! lol  Chelsea and I have totally different tastes in food.  I eat very little meat and like to eat nuts, fruit, vegetables, yogurt and cheese and very little junk food.  Chelsea likes junk food, meat, no vegetables, and lots of quick fix items and not too many fresh fruits or vegetables and milk products.  I think we are going to be eating seperate meals often.  Then we went home and Ali and Chels went out to a movie and out for a bite to eat at a restaurant while I caught up on a little housework and a little reading.  By this time my fibro. was really kicking in and my body was screaming from every pore.  Then Chels and Ali got home and Ali spent the night and they had a wonderful "girl time".

I am sitting here right now typing this as Ali and Chels were just picked up by Karen and they are spending some time over at Karen's house.  We are "sharing" the girls and as far as we are both concerned, we both have two daughters. Ali is just a great, great girl.  So, I have had a blast just being with Chels the past few days and having a house that is full of energy and smiles and noises and I am so happy that I have been able to keep up.  A year ago I would not have been able to.  Neurosurgery has saved my life and given me a life!  A year ago I would have been irritable by now.  A year ago I would have been in bed for three days after all of this activity.  A year ago I wouldn't have been able to make this journal entry.  I am so thankful that God, in His timing, and what beautiful timing He has, and in His wisdom, has given me His blessings and has brought my daughter to live with me.  Chelsea, thanks for choosing to make this your home at this point in time!  To all you out there in J-Land, may you all have a peaceful day!

8 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going so well Val.  Glad you are having a good time and you are feeling so well!  I am glad Chels is finally with you. -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to say, Mom looks beautiful!  She looks SO grown up.  I can't believe she is only 17! -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristinaSometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased for you.............
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...yay! What more can I say? LOL -B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled that you're feeling better!!!!!

    Been thinking of you!

    angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased you are feeling better. Modern medicine is wonderful these days.
    Your mum looks beautiful, must be where you and Krissy get it from :)
    I am so pleased that your having a good time with Chelsea but do try not to overdo it and have a full blown flare up with your fibro. Take care......Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are lovely, thank you for sharing.  You sound so happy, glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old photographs!  We have some that date all the way back to "Tin Type" Which is when the camera first appeared on the scene......They are relatives with no names so they are lost to me :(  Its sounded like yo had a wonderful start getting to know your adult daughter all over again.  Sometimes the greatest joys are found among the simplest things!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)