Thursday, August 12, 2004

Pic of Me and Chelsea

Good afternoon all!  I wanted to let you all in J-Land know that my sister (whom alot of you have read) has posted a picture of me and my daughter in her journal today.  If you want to see it it is at:
http:/journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Now, mind you, Chelsea is beautiful.  This is her mother speaking, of course.  I, on the other hand, just had major surgery in my head, and have a little bit of a bloated face and appear to be "a deer caught in a headlight".  I allowed the picture to be taken, nonetheless, because, you see, my sister, Krissy, and my daughter accompanied me to the hospital and brought the camera and I would deny them almost nothing if ever they asked.  They are my heart and soul and make my world turn.  I believe Krissy has a picture of herself in her Journal also.  Krissy has been such a wonderful sister and we seem to have a soul-connection and are even thought to be the same person at times by other people (who are not too astute, lol) or mistaken for twins.  Now, mind you, we don't look that much alike, but our mannerisms and speech are very, very similar as are our beliefs and our hearts.  We call ourselves Twins Born At Different Times (TBADT).  Chelsea has that similar soul and people tell me how much she is like me.  I am flattered as Chelsea is such a good, sweet and gentle young woman and I welcome the comparison.

I went to my psychiatrist today as I see her for bipolar depression.  She said something today that made alot of sense.  She is a very kind doctor.  I saw the compassion in her as she explained this and somehow it just hit me like it never did before even though it is so simple.  If any of you have a hard time explaining your "depression" or "obsessional thinking" or "anxiety" to loved ones perhaps this will help --She told me that when you have a physical disease anywhere in your body (except the brain) there is pain and we feel it.  The brain feels no physical pain.  So when the brain is having a physical problem the consequence is a "thought".  These thoughts of course are beyond our control and can be bizarre.  We think we are responsible for all of our thoughts.  When we are ill, we arenot.  We suffer and wonder why we can not be like others and wonder why we are thinking what we are thinking.  We are thinking what we are thinking because our brain is damaged in some way and this is the symptom of this damage.  I know this sounds simple, but it rings very true in my ears today and maybe I need to hear this.  For those of you who are hurting, may you find relief soon, and may you be kinder to yourself as you go through hard times.  You have a kindred spirit here and God knows what you are going through.  Prayers to all whomever you are!

8 comments:

  1. That's excellent...................I am going to put in my journal if I may and link to here if you don't want me to do this send me an email and I'll delete the entry.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to take the www. off the link for it to work.

    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kathy, my crazy brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful picture, full of love.  Your doctor sounds a very compassionate person and what she said is wonderful and makes sense. Thank you for your kind wishes for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read you sisters Journal and love it. I am amazed at your courage and wish you all the best and hope your health improves. Love sent to you .....Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww there's so much love in the pic.  Pleased you have a lovely doctor and thanks for posting the entry, makes things a lot easier to understand.  Wishes always. xRx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very apt way of describing a confusing situation.

    God bless
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie, you left a kind comment in my journal, and when I came to visit yours, I was amazed at all you've been through, and how stoic and courageous you've been in spite of it--what a beautiful spirit you have!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)