100 Things About Me
1. I am 42.
2. I am a mom to two - Chelsea and Matt.
3. I am a grandma to two - Josiah and Jonah (they belong to Chelsea.).
4. I was born and raised in Virginia.
5. I live in central Pennsylvania.
6. I love Pennsylvania. It's a beautiful state to live in.
7. I don't drink. I have nothing against it. It doesn't agree with me.
8. I am presently trying to quit smoking.
9. I have had two brain surgeries.
10. I have a shunt in my head.
11. I live with pain and fatigue 24/7. I am not bitter about it.
12. I have fibromyalgia and Chiari Malformation.
13. I was bald after my second brain surgery.
14. I loved being bald. I often think I want to be bald again.
15. My hair was stick straight all my life until my second brain surgery.
16. My hair grew back in bubble curls after the second surgery. What a blessing!
17. I have two cats - Honey and Baby.
18. Honey is sweet and sedate. Baby is a mean bruiser.
19. That isn't about me. I love cats, though. I like dogs, too. I like all animals.
20. I love color. Especially red. If I were a color I would be red.
21. I collect colored glass.
22. I love rocks and gems and minerals. I love reading about them.
23. I have a rocks and minerals collection.
24. I have a favorite rock. It's blue/green.
25. I have a favorite gem. It's an aquamarine. That's my daughter and sister
26. I never get bored.
27. I wore glasses from the time I was 11 until I was 38. I was near-sighted. I
woke up one morning and I had 20/20 vision! There is no explanation for this.
28. I have ESP.
29. I was baptized Catholic as a baby. I attended many Protestant churches as a
teen and adult, then became an adult Catholic convert and had my First
Confession and Communion when I was 39.
30. I was married and divorced twice. This has not tainted my view of marriage.
I would like to get married a third time.
31. I have been dating John for almost three years.
32. I played the violin in Middle School and High School. I quit playing when
someone stole my instrument. I often think of picking it up again.
33. I also played the acoustic guitar when I was very young. I took lessons.
34. I would love to learn how to play the piano and wooden flute someday.
35. I was born with elevenfingers. The eleventh was taken off surgically as an
36. I can pick up objects with my toes.
37. I have found thousands of 4-leaf clovers in my life. I have also found
hundreds five-leaf, dozens of six and one seven. I am looking for the elusive
eight. Yes, I have ESP. It is location ESP.
38. My guardian angel's name is Gloria.
39. I graduated #13 out of 550 students with a G.P.A. of 3.826. The only problem
I had getting an "A" in was math-related courses. I got an occasional "B" in
40. I didn't go to college because I got sick. I am bipolar and have OCD
(obsessive-compulsive disorder). These are controlled very well by medicine
at the present. They weren't always. I spent 30 years being depressed. Life
is good now =)!!
41. I love to paint. I use watercolors and acrylics. I love looking at the colors
and mixing them. It is very relaxing.
42. Speaking of relaxation, I can do transcendental meditation. It is a wonderful
way to relax!
43. I plan on writing a book someday. It is half written in my head.
44. I can say the alphabet from A to Z in one word. It is Big Bird's favorite word,
45. I can wiggle my eyeballs.
46. I can do a mean Grover impersonation.
47. When I read blogs from the U.K. I often read them with a British accent in my
head. Does anyone else do this?? Have you found me odd yet??
48. I can do a frog impersonation, too. And a lizard. LOL
49. I won a couple of art contests as a child. One in a county fair and one for a
newspaper. I drew a watercolor of a kid in a yard by a house and a dragon.
50. I think most people are inherently good.
I will continue this list in the next day or two!! Stay tuned....