Friday, June 30, 2006

Things that make a noise, etc...



Happy Friday all!  Krissy and John ARE COMING HOME !!  They have been gone for nearly two months (or is it over two months??) and now they are coming home!!  I am so excited!!  WELCOME HOME, KRISSY AND JOHN!!  They were allowed to leave this morning but haven't been able to because of all the flooding around Pennsylvania.  My family and I have been lucky in that regard.  We have stayed dry.  Others have not been so lucky.  My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost loved ones in the flooding and to those who are displaced.  May you find comfort soon.

Today is my boyfriend, John's, birthday.  Yes, my boyfriend's name is John.  It gets confusing when I am talking to Krissy and we both talk about our Johns.  So we have affectionately named my boyfriend John2.  LOL  It works.  John2 and I have been dating for 11 months now.  Wow, almost a year! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN2 !!!!!  May you have a wonderful year coming up!  I am so glad you were born!! 
I love you !!  Speaking of John2, he is a subject in this week's Scavenger Hunt.  The subject is "things that make a sound".  Normally John2 is very quiet.  He is very laid-back and calm.  When he is most noisy is when he is playing one of his guitars.  Here he is playing hisminiature classical guitar.  My cats love the sound of this guitar and usually gather around when he plays.  They only come running when he plays the acoustic guitars, though.  They hate it when he plays his electric guitars.  It scares them and they hide.  They do love this little classical guitar, though.

                   

The second picture I have is a creek, Spring Creek, in my little town.  It is in Talleyrand Park.  I love to sit and listen to the water falling over this little water fall here.  I like to close my eyes and imagine I am at the beach.  It is so soothing.  On a nice weather weekend you can see the park filled with people, children and couples feeding the ducks and fish in this creek.

        

That's it for today!  I am going to go find my kitty cats.  I need to make sure Honey is in the house.  Honey did a Houdini trick last night.  She opened the screen in the window.  Now mind you, the screen was shut very tightly.  She was able to slide it over about ten inches with her paw or claws (or however she did it?) and hop on out into the night for a few hours.  She ended up back in the front yard.  Naughty girl.  She is very good at opening doors, cabinets, screens, etc.  I need to go make sure she is safe and kitty-proof the screens now.  Have a lovely weekend!  xox


13 comments:

  1. that is a great entry. if i did not get rid of all my ex-husbands pictures i would have put him with his dumb guitar in as my enrty also. he was not any good at playing he just kinda tried  to annoy me most of the time..lol he was very good at makeing me mad. happy to hear about krissy and john, they have been away from home long enough.
    hugs
    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a marvelous piccie of John2 playing his guitar!  I like to listen to him sing and play.  Can't wait to hear him again!  BTW, thanks for the welcome home!  I love your pic of Tallyrand Park also.  Sissy, I will see you soon. :)

    Krissy almost not at Hope Lodge anymore :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of that creek. Glad that Krissy and John's coming home.
    Happy Birthday to your Mr. Wonderful!
    Gem :-)
    http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your pictures and I love the sound of classical guitar also.  Glad Frissy and John are on the way home.

                    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Honey had a great time roaming the town last night! LOL.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats are so ingenious!  LOL  Hope yours is safe!  I love both the sound of guitars and water!  Hope you have a great 4th!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It helps to tell you where I am too! http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Holidayphotos/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, I finally got round to posting my entry! Have a great weekend and 4th July! Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO GLAD THEY"RE HOME!!!  
    Your pictures were very cool.  Your town must be awesome..I love small towns.
    Happy Birthday to John!
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics, Val, I like running water as in the second picture.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

    ReplyDelete
  11. A belated Happy BDay to John 2! (nice photo) Acoutic guitar can be very relaxing and peaceful. I liked seeing your lil stream, Val! I will have to get out to photogrph the fountain at my fav park near here. xoxoxox Deb

    http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysWORD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated bday to John2... Too funny you both have John's...
    Speaking of which, I am so glad Krissy and John are home!
    Good choice, the guitar! Son1 plays the guitar around here.
    And I love the sound of water!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A belated nonetheless sincere happy birthday to John 2.  Is that a Martin D-28 he's playing?  One of the best acoustics ever made.  I was only 15 when I had mine and too young and arrogant to know better when I gave it away to make friends.  Live and learn, eh?  Val thanks for stopping by and leaving that interesting comment, I truly enjoyed your ideas, as always.   XOXO CATHY http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)