Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weekly Sentence #35, etc.



Good morning and good Saturday to you... how are you today? I had a rough night last night. I didn't sleep a wink. I've been having problems with severe back pain. I am getting my records together and paying a visit to a local neurosurgeon - the one that did my mom's neck/spine surgery. He is familiar with Chiari malformation, so he just may be able to help me. I don't want to make a trip out of town if I don't have to. My mom really loves the doctor. Before he came to town recently, we had no neurosurgeon here. I will let you know how it goes.

I'm pretty happy we are swearing in a new President this January. I have hope. Do you? I am honoring Obama in the Weekly Sentence Game this week.

Before I give you the six letters, I would like to once more congratulate Jeannette of Outside - Looking In for winning last week's game. Way to go, Jeannette!!

The letters will follow the rules below. If you have never read the rules, or haven't in a long time, please do! You may submit your sentence in the comments section or email to valphish@aol.com. In your email, please include your name or nickname and your blog address if you have one. Have fun and thanks for playing!!




Each Sunday I post a set of six letters. A sentence
must be made from these letters. The letters today
are: PRSDNT . An example of a sentence could be -
Pamela really showed determination, never tiring!
These letters MAY NOT be re-arranged.

<> <> <>

There is a three - five persons judge panel (of fellow
bloggers) that chooses the best sentence (or two)
submitted each week. How do they choose winning
sentence(s)? The sentences that receive the strongest
reactions - Did it make them laugh, sad, ponder, etc.?
Was it creative? Witty? These are winning submissions.

<> <> <>

The winner(s) receive(s) a logo for his/her blog
sidebar with his/her name on it.

<> <> <>

Place submissions in comments section with your
name or nickname and blog URL or email to
valphish@aol.com. If you play this game in your blog,
please come back and leave your ENTIRE entry URL
so your entry can be judged. Submissions are due
by Thursday, 4PM EDT
. The winner is announced
Saturday morning or early afternoon.

<> <> <>

A new set of letters is placed in my journal, There is
a Season, every Sunday morning or early afternoon.

<> <> <>

If you submit more than one sentence,
only your first sentence will be judged.

<> <> <>

This Week's Letters:

PRSDNT


Have a good day and take care! Val =)

12 comments:

  1. Won't it be nice to SWEAR-IN a president instead of SWEAR-AT one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentence for the week:
    Partially rotten snowballs do not travel.

    ;^) Jan the Gryphon
    http://gryph-wotd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRSDNT

    positively respect states deciding no tyranny!

    i hope your consultation goes well val, i am blessed that my knee has held up all these years after my initial surgery.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((Val))) so sorry you are having some tough nights with lack of sleep and pain

    my sentence: Presidents represent somber democratic notions thoroughly.

    thanks for doing this; love this game :)

    enjoy your day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, Did you know that you could tuck away part of your blogroll so it doesn't come all the way down your page? There is a setting on the widget. If you want to do it, this is how you accomplish it. Sign into Google. Go to your blog. Let's see, are your little wrenches up? I forget if you have to press Customization or not, those little wrenches to fix your gadgets/ widgets always confuse me. At any rate, find the wrench by your blogroll gadget/widget. Click on wrench. It will take you to the box that allows you to edit some choices. One of the choices is how many blogs would you like to show on your blogroll list. I chose 5, there are several options! Know that if you choose five, the others will still be part of the blog roll -- they just won't be running down the whole sidebar of your blog, taking it up. Instead, how your blog will appear will be this: five blogs showing on blog roll, then if i remember correctly something that says something like "show rest of blogs" or something like that. It has a little area or something to click on. You just click on the area on the front of your blog, the rest of your blogs pop up. I imagine other bloggers can click on your blogs in your blogroll also, and view them...

    So anyway, if you want to do that, sign in to google, go to section of sidebar that contains blogroll, click on the oh so lovable wrench (LOL), then wait for blogroll configuration box to open. next choose, from the drop down menu, the number of blogst you want to appear on the front of your blog, and press save... go back to the front of your blog and see if you like what you got! i hope that you found that tutorial valuable, LOL. the reason i shared that with you is i personally don't like 1,000 blogs on my sidebar, then i can't have other items. LOL. i guess everybody has their personal preference, so if yours differs from mine, just ignore this comment, LOL.

    Tutorials by Krissy! :)
    visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    please add your blogs to the directory of blogs: from jland to blogger

    ReplyDelete
  6. please ride slowly do not trot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's mine for this week.
    PRSDNT

    Please respect siblings do not tease.

    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's mine:
    "Please remember students, do not talk."
    http://asalwaysalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. PRSDNT

    Please respect salamanders -- do not tease.

    LOL, I am silly this morning.

    Krissy :)
    visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    Hey you all! Please add your blogs to the directory of blogs: from jland to blogger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey my val. I finally came up with something for my sentence.

    : Pouting Rupert Snagged Donald's Nautical Tights.

    lol. Hope you are okay. Love Pam xx
    http://pam-almost-40.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poorly raised students did not think.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)