Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!, new pics of Josiah!!...



Happy America's Birthday everyone
!  I've been in bed since Friday with a stomach bug.  It started with a fever and turned into stomach distress.  When I get sick it tends to want to linger way too long.  My immune system hasn't been very good since I got the salmonella poisoning from the peanut butter over the holidays.  Did I ever tell you all about that?  I didn't figure it out until four months after the fact.  I don't buy Peter Pan Peanut Butter but my next door neighbor does.  He made  peanut butter fudge and gave me five big pieces.  Being the pig that I am... LOL... I ate all of them within 24 hours.  I was really sick for three months and mildly sick a couple more.  He came to me about four months later and said, "I got rid of a jar of the contaminated peanut butter with the bad bar code, but I did use one jar in a batch of fudge I made."  ACK!  I asked him if it was back in November.  Sure enough I started getting sick a couple days after I ate it.  No one else got very sick because he took it to a dinner and no one else ate five huge pieces like I did.

On to a nicer subject, I have new photos of Josiah!  I haven't been able to upload photos since he was about three months old.  He just turned ten months old in these pictures.  Josiah is saying a few words here and there.  He is crawling, but is not trying to walk yet.  He has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh and smile all the time.  He also gets mad very easily, but it doesn't last long, thank goodness.  So, for your viewing pleasure, here is the little guy.  I hope you enjoy them.  He is such a ham.  Happy 4th, again, and please stay safe.  Oh, and just to remind you, the Photo Hunt is due on Sunday and the subject is "Independence Day and freedom".  Hope you can play!  Hugs! xox

    

    

    

    

23 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww he is adorable. Happy 4th. (((((((hugs)))))))
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val, Josiah is adorable.  It's so nice having a baby around.  Especially when he is your own grandson.  I'm sorry you are feeling sick.  Those stomach bugs are horrid.  I hope you begin to feel better very soon Hugs, Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy oh boy he's getting big!  Have a great 4th of July.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Valerie, Josiah is adorable!!!!!!!  I haven't seen him I guess in a couple of months.  He is so big and so cute!!!!!  He is handsome!  
    Wow, you were really sick from that fudge.  You ate five pieces in 24 hours?  LOL!
    Happy 4th to you too.  What are you going to do tonight?  I guess nothing as you are probably a little sickly.
    Can we talk on the phone, maybe tonight or today?  I am over at the apartment packing.  Call over there if you can.

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Val,
    Those pics are so cute.  We were just talking about them last night but, I had not had a chance to see them yet.  Are you feeling better?  I sure hope that you are.  Happy 4th and, I look forward to seeing you soon.  Sorry this print is so small.  I can not figure out how to change font size and print color when replying to journal entries.  
    Love,
    Leslie & brom

    ReplyDelete

  6. Val, Josiah is a beautiful baby. Boy, has he grown.  I am so sorry about your illness.  I read where it is so miserable to have that intestional trouble from the peanut butter.  You just had to eat all 5 pieces, huh !!!  LOL  It probably is going to take some time for your low immune system to get rid of that. But you will.
    Take care and have a happy 4th.....         Love and Hugs  Myke

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy 4th and he is so adorable can i have him?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he is a beautiful little boy Val, just adorable.  I do hope you feel a bit better after your tummy bug, they can really bring you down. Happy 4th of July. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a doll baby.  Hope you contine to feel better.


                     Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG........he is such a cutie.....his facial expressions speak volumes....what a cutie...I so hope you start to feel better soon....enjoy your holiday!!!!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. ((((((((((((((((VAL))))))))))))))))))))))))I didnt know you got sick.I am sorry you were so sick and I am hoping your feeling much better.He is a cutie,such a handsome little guy.Mkes me want to have a kid of my own,someday,maybe,when I am married.LOL.But,as I say,I think I am 2 set in my ways and I have enough neices and nephews to have an kids of my own.LOL.But they are a joy.Happy 4th to you and yours.I didnt forget about the Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about the horrible sick experience.  How awful.
    I love the baby pictures!!!!!!!
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry about the peanut butter..... glad you are getting better...
    Josiah is so cute!!!!
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable little boy! Thanks for sharing these picutures.
    Happy 4th to you.
    Sorry to hear you got sick and for so long, hope this latest bug goes away and you are well for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh I don't remember you saying anything about the peanut butter that's awful. I hope you're getting better now.
    Josiah is DOLL BABY. He's gotten so big. Very handsome man you got there. You'll have to beat the girls away with a broom.
    Also wanted to stop in and tell you that I put a shout out to you as a Rockin Girl Blogger in my journal... so now you have to pass it on.
    Take care, Chrissie
    http://journals.aol.com/almost-paradise-ii/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know that you had been sick.  I do hope that it all moves out of your system soon...its been too long already.  Josiah is sure a ham in front of the camera...cute kid for sure.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are feeling better!

    Love the pics of your grandson...he's a cutie!  Can't believe he's 10 months already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Val, I noticed Chrissie gave you a shout -out as one of her favorite journal, Congrats to you, That is awful you were so sick from the peanut butter, I heard about that on the news, what a handsome grandson you have !!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're better now, Val, and that it didn't spoil your 4th on you

    ReplyDelete
  20. he's a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a little ham your grandson is!  I love babies.  right to my heart. lol  I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well.  Get well soon!  Love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a darling he is. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well hon. We didn't do anything. Tom & the girls went to a barbeque & fireworks display out in the contry. I went tot sleep early. LOL Our new granddaughter is supposed to be here (induced) on the 17th. 5 granddaughters. Mercy.
    Take care of yoursef kid. Love ya, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Val !  Josiah is sooooooooooooo beautiful !!!  What a blessing.  

    Sorry to hear you've been ill with a wretched stomach virus ( on top of all your other on-going health challenges ) ... you're in my prayers, sister-friend.

    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)