Good afternoon all! Seems a lot of people are sick in my world. This sickness wasn't included in the flu shot apparently, so I am wishing that my Dad, Chelsea, Krissy and John are feeling much better soon! Krissy wanted me to tell you that she will be back journaling and visiting others when she is feeling better. She visited the doctor this morning and was given an antibiotic. She sounded awful on the phone. Everyone is losing their voices. I'm not sick yet. I am hoping that I don't get sick. I usually catch everything that goes around. I am crossing my fingers and saying a prayer. I wanted to wish my little sister, Deirdre, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Deirdre is the youngest sister in my family. There are five girls. I don't know if everyone knew that. Yep, five of us. I have one brother. He is the oldest.
I thought I would tell everyone some interesting (or not-so-interesting?) facts about myself today. I always like learning new things about fellow journalers...obscure things. I was thinking of things about myself that were not known. I came up with this list. I hope you find it interesting. It may help you understand who I am (and am not).
- I was born with six fingers! (I am polydactyl!)
- I have found thousands of four-leaf clovers in my life, hundreds of five-leaf,
many six-leaf and a few seven-leaf. I am still looking for the elusive eight-leaf!
- I have been married twice and divorced twice.
- I played the violin in middle school and part of high-school. I also played the
guitar when I was around eight and nine.
- I got straight A's in high school except for Algebra II. I graduated number
13 out of 550 students. We had 3 valedictorians. I hate math!
- If I have change in my pocket, I put money in every donation can or box I see.
- I dream in color.
- I want to write a book someday. I will, I really, really will! It is in my head...I
just need to get it written!
- I want to learn how to play the piano and wooden flute.
- I have had two brain surgeries and a shunt in my head.
- I love to do transcendental meditation.
- I pray every day.
- I dance and sing with my cat.
- I love flowers! My favorite is the red geranium. It reminds me of my childhood.
I also love the hydrangea.
- Krissy is my soul-mate. She calls me Violet. I call her Rose. We have a "Little
Flower Club" where we help each other out with our needs. We know each other's
needs instinctively. I am going to be her bridesmaid!
- I hate crowds.
- I love nature. I love sitting in the grass. I love staring up at the clouds.
- I love teenagers. They are very special. We connect.
- I have bipolar disorder and obsesessive-compulsive disorder. They suck.
- My son is in a school for the performing arts. He loves to sing. I can't sing. He
wants blue hair and I think that is way cool! He gets straight A's. (That's not
about me is it? That's about him! I just want to brag!...so when will I do that
entry about him????)
- I love color. I can stare at a pretty color for a long time and it changes my mood.
I like to paint and when I do I stare at the colors when I am mixing them. It
almost gives me a high. It surely gives me energy.
- I am addicted to a few reality shows...Big Brother, The Apprentice, The Biggest
Loser, American Idol. I think TV is mostly trash, but why do I watch these?
- I love music. I am a secret Barry Manilow fan. There..it is out! I also LOVE Josh
Groban. I just can't get enough of his voice!
- I sleep on my right side at night and never, ever move. I am told I snore
ocassionally. I can not sleep with someone else in my bed. I will kick you out!
- I absolutely HATE TV commercials. I change the channel when they come on. I
am a channel surfer and freguently watch two TV shows at one time. What is that
- I hate, hate, hate the telephone and I have the answering machine answer all my
calls. I pick up on the machine or call the person back. My family and friends are
used to this. What is this all about, too?
- I hate grocery shopping!
- I love glass and gems and anything sparkly!! I have a glass collection!
- There is almost no food I will not eat. I get this from my parents who introduced
me to all kinds of food. I have strange, strange meals. People groan when I
suggest they eat at my home. Yesterday for lunch I had lobat gow with hoisin
sauce, pecans and brazil nuts, and cheese and crackers. What kind of lunch is
that? I could eat a whole lunch of a can of spinach or a cup yogurt and raisins,
etc. Give it to me and I'll try it!
- I will smile at anyone who walks by me in public.
I guess that is all I will write for now. I am sure I could keep going, and going, and going. I don't know if I am interesting or not, but this is ME. Perhaps I will give you more in my next entry. The sun is actually shining. I guess I should try and clean my house. I don't want to. House-cleaning fairy, where are you???