Monday, January 26, 2004

Still More Snow!

Hi all.  I really dislike the color orange so I purposely decided to type with it.  It brings to mind a quilting teacher I heard about who made her students pick their least favorite color and make a quilt in shades of that color.  I think that is fascinating.  What a cool challenge.  We probably really don't dislike alot of things that we think we do.   I am reading a book on mindfulness living.  It teaches you to be happy and content with what you are doing at the present.  Most are looking for that next challenge, high, dollar, or whatever.  My life will be better when.........  That is very sad.  Almost any task can be fun if you look at it in a different light.  When you are dusting look at how shiny and pretty your knick-knacks are.  When you are raking the leaves look at the beautiful sky and smell the air.  When you are playing with your children get into the play.  When you are weeding your garden look at the flowers.  When you have to go grocery shopping smile and realize that the food nourishes your body.  Each moment can be positive when you turn it around.  I try to live this way, although it is very difficult at certain times.  I have learned transcendental meditation, also, and it is fantastic and I recommend everyone to learn it.  It is an experience that no one should go through a lifetime without knowing and using.  I have a Haiku for you today.  I go to poetry.com and submit poems sometimes.  They have pictures to stir up feelings for the Haikus.  They had a picture of a tidal wave in the sea.  For those of you who don't know what a Haiku is, it is a Japanese poem, non-rhyming, with five syllables in the first verse, seven in the second, and five in the third. 

Lunar ardency....Daily affection for us.....The tide ebbs and flows

I believe that is how it went.  I can not even remember exactly how I wrote it, but I like that version, so I will keep it.   I am wishing all beautiful visions and warm thoughts on this snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)