Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Gee, very sad.  They found ricin powder sent to the senate office of the majority leader on the Hill.  Apparently, ricin causes respiratory symptoms and can kill.  I looked it up and found out that it is a poisonous protein from the castor-oil  plant.  This brings back memories of the anthrax scare of a couple years ago.  Sadly, they never found the culprit of those murders.  I remember everyone in the country being afraid to even open their mail - to even touch it.  They are closing down Capitol Hill to de-contaminate.  Immediately following the September 11 attacks of a little over 2 years ago I was glued to the TV and could not turn it off.  It was on even when I fell into fit-full sleep.  All of my days were filled with TV in the background and it went on for months and months like this.  I am not sure when this turned around and I decided not to become a "victim" of the news.  I think it was during the Iraq war.  I new it would be televised 24/7.  I couldn't be awake all the time and watch it perpetually.  I knew this from 9/11 and my news experience with that.  So I decided to put my TV on between one and three times a day for only a half-hour or less when something very big was happening.  Other than that, it was never news-all-day-again. 

So, we have a foot of snow out there again today!  Arghhhhhhh!  I do believe it is one of the most beautiful one's I have seen yet, though.  Wishing all warmth and hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)