Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas "Wordplay"!...



Hi everyone and happy Friday!  I can't believe Christmas is in three days!  I am NOT ready for it.  I have had a stomach virus for six days.  Six days of nausea and bed rest.  It hasn't been easy and I haven't finished my Christmas shopping!  I am hoping that I will be well enough today to finish up!  I am planning to go to Krissy's house for Christmas dinner, too, and I want to be well for that and I can't get John sick, so this bug must leave my system today!

I haven't posted "Wordplay" for almost a month because I was deciding whether I wanted to continue it or not.  I was only getting a few takers.  I have decided to continue it after all.  I wanted to thank those who join in with me faithfully!!  I really do love words.  They are a passion of mine.  I play with them constantly -  Mulling over them, doing crossword puzzles, looking them up, writing poems, playing Scrabble.  I think words are beautiful!!  If there are only one or two takers in my game, well, that is how it is going to be then.  I hope there will be more, though!  Thanks, Krissy, for encouraging me to continue the game!

                                       

I have a fun, fun, fun
Christmas "Wordplay" for you today!  Do you remember Mad Libs when you were a kid?  Today's "Wordplay" follows this concept.  I would like you to click on this link
.  Fill out the Mad Lib.  Post it in your journal if you would like!  Come back and leave your full entry URL so we can all read it!!   I don't want to give it away so I will post mine tomorrow.  Was it fun??  Do you have any suggestions for any future "Wordplay"s?

I had a lot of fun filling out that particular Mad Lib.  I did a google search and it was my favorite one.   I am off now to try and finish up what I have been unable to do the past six days...

Christmas blessings to all and don't forget to visit
Joy To The World
! xox
                    

10 comments:

  1. Hope things are going well with you and your family.  Have a great Holiday!!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried the wordplay for the first time.  I'm glad they gave examples because it is a long time since i was at school doing English grammar.
    Jenny <><
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

    ReplyDelete
  3.   Here is mine, Merry Christmas Val and I hope you feel better soon.

    http://journals.aol.com/midwestvintage/JulieLosesitMyWeightLossJourney/entries/2006/12/22/-wordplay-with-val/2153

                     Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are feeling under the weather, I do hope it clears up soon.  Being with family is the most important part of the season, so I would hate for this bug to keep you from having dinner with Krissy and John.  Get better!  :)

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))Hope you get to feeling better so oyu can go to Krossy and Johns.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val,
    I hope you feel better soon. I enjoyed the wordPlay. I have just not been as active in  Jland. I am trying again. :-)


    Wishing you and yours a Joyous Christmas and Prosperous New Year.

    journally yours,
    Gem :-)

    http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours/entries/2006/12/22/give--forgive-get--forgetthen-fall-in-love...with-yourself--/1278

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress/entries/2006/12/22/christmas-word-play/1600

    Here is mine!  I was going for a Texas one....Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sissy, I hope you are well enough to come for Christmas.  I love you

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://journals.aol.com/fasttrack58/FootprintsintheSand/entries/2006/12/23/wordplay-with-val/2987
    Have a very merry Christmas!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hope you are feeling so much better by tonight.  It's so sad to be sick at Christmas time.  There is a nasty cold bug at our house.  My mom, my husband and I have it. It's put a slight damper on things.  My prayer is that you are recovered and will have a wonderful Christmas Day!
    Hugs,  Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)