I received this "getting to know you" type survey "Christmas Edition" from Monica. I thought I would put it in my journal so that anyone could grab it and participate if they would like. It's an easy and fun one to do! Hope you have fun reading my answers!...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real tree or artificial? Usually artificial, but I DO love the smell of a real tree. They are a bit hard to take care of and I live alone so they aren't worth it right now.
3. When do you put up the tree? Around the second week of December
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get sick of looking at it. LOL Um, second or third week of January. I hate seeing it go... LOL
5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmmmmmmmmmm... YES! Not the alcoholic kind, though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow, tough one. I think maybe it was a home-made Raggedy Ann doll that I loved for years. I still love Raggedy Ann dolls!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I love setting it up!
8. Hardest person to buy for? Oh, everyone. I am a stressed-out gift buyer. I try to buy the best gift. It is gift certificates for everyone this year. They can pick out what they want. Ooops, I just told them what they got. LOL No, I think maybe the hardest to buy for are my children, especially my son.
9. Easiest person to buy for? This year it will be my grandson... I can think of a million things I would love to give that guy!
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Snail mail is more proper. It depends on whether I have enough funds to send out all the cards I want to. I may be emailing a few because I am low on funds and I would atleast like to say "Merry Christmas" to my friends... We will see.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Now this isn't nice... LOL I really can't think of anything that is bad. I like to give, not receive, really.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't really have one. I like all those half-hour little Christmas specials of old cartoon shows like "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and all of the Charlie Brown specials.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early to mid December. If I start any earlier I give the gifts to the people early out of excitement and have to get them another gift or see things I like better and end up spending WAY too much money.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No way.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food, food, I love food. Nuts, tangerines, warm foods, pomegranates, cookies, hey, who's cooking?
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like one-colored lights. Don't have to be clear, although I do like white ones a lot.
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? "Silent Night", "Do You Hear What I Hear", "O Holy Night", "Mary Did You Know"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at my warm house
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? "On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, on Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen!"... and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Both, but I think I prefer a star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercialism. People forgetting the reason for the season. That it goes by too fast
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No theme, hodge-podge
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Food, food, I like food...
25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Oh yeah!!
I would love to see your answers to this! If you want to copy and paste and do this in your journal, please leave your entry URL in my comments section so I can come take a look! Thanks and Merry Christmas! xox