I was tagged by Deb of Frosty Thoughts to list Ten Things That Make Me Happy. Here they are in no particular order...
TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1. My relationship with God...prayer and time spent with God daily is so important to me. I need to stay connected with God or I feel lost.
2. My close friends and my family...they keep me grounded and love me and I them.
3. My five senses...my senses help me live life, and I LOVE to live. They help me appreciate a song or a pretty picture. They help me taste a wonderful chocolate bar or pet a soft rabbit. I use my senses to live life to its fullest and also to calm myself down.
4. Meditation and solitude...I spend some time in meditation and solitude everyday. I have to. It is my time and I love it. I can connect back with my body and my spirit and find relaxation and peace.
5. Nature...trees, mountains, lakes, birds, etc. help me connect with God. They provide inspiration and awe. I try to spend some time in nature daily.
6. Seeing, giving and being the recipient of acts of kindness...smiles, hugs, laughter, volunteering, positive attitudes, helping out when needed brings me inspiration and makes my day so much more positive. They really inspire me to be a better person and make me feel more positive about living in this world.
7. My journal and on-line friends...I spend so much time with them daily and they offer support, encouragement and wonderful friendship. I love you guys!!
8. My kitty cats...They are a life-force in my home. I live alone and they are constantly moving about showing me that I am not alone and I am loved. They are so precious, but you hear enough about them...
9. My hobbies...painting, taking pictures, my computer, reading, making jewelry. When I work on a hobby it allows me to get out of myself and I receive energy and inspiration.
10. Humor...I love to laugh. What feels better than laughing? I laugh harder and longer than anyone I know at a joke. Humor heals alot.
Those are the ten things that make me happy. I noticed that some people were also listing five things that were quirky about themselves. So here is that list also...
FIVE QUIRKY THINGS ABOUT ME
!. I take tags off of all my clothes before I wear them...everything....shirts, pants, underwear, shoes, bras. I even take tags off of sheets and pillows. I can't stand tags!! They make me itch. I don't even give them a chance to touch me. I just cut them off before I put a garment on!
2. I am almost always barefoot. I don't like shoes. I throw them off first thing when I walk in the door. If I can get away with it, I go barefoot outside. I have been known to go barefoot outside in the winter-time even.
3. I HATE, HATE, HATE the telephone. You will never see me own a cell phone. I have the answering machine answer all my phone calls. I do call people back, but on my time. I know this seems rude to some people, but the phone makes me nervous and exhausts me.
4. I run fans all year-round. I run ceiling fans during the day and a fan at night to sleep with. I like the sound and I like the moving air.
5. Lastly, I like to sleep in the winter-time with my window open. Yes, I am in cold Pennsylvania. I can't do it right now where I live because the window in my bedroom won't open. Oh, how I miss the air!!
So, that is it. Hope it was a bit interesting. Have a good weekend, journal friends! xox
The "president" is a middle school Mean Girl - *You called down the thunder.* *Well, now you've got it!* ~~ Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in "Tombstone" The current occupant of the Oval Office is gloating...
1 day ago