Monday, November 14, 2005

A Survey Like No Other...

Survey Like None-Other!

1. What sign are you? 
Scorpio...but I don't follow astrology

2. What is your favorite color?  I love blues and reds

3. How many waffles could you eat in one sitting?  
two, three if I were REALLY hungry

4. Can you touch your tongue to your nose? 
Hold on let me try.  Not even if I smash my nose down while trying. LOL

5. If you had to choose between cats and dogs, which would it be? 
Cats.  I love my two kitty cats.  I do like dogs, though.

6. What is something you have learned recently? 
Since my daughter just lived with me for a year (and since moved away) and hadn't lived with me for most of her life, I learned that children need their mom's even when they are young adults.  They need them to be "mom".  That the parent-child relationship doesn't stop even through distance.  It was a wonderful experience having her in my home!!!

7. What is your favorite quote?
    I don't know if it is  my favorite but I really like this quote right now - "Without play - without the child that still lives in all of us - we will always be incomplete.  And not only physically, but creatively, intellectually, and spritually as well." ~ George Sheehan

8. What is your favorite entry in your own journal? 
That's hard.  Maybe the one telling everyone about my father.  Or perhaps the one following my brain surgery where I was surprised that I didn't mind being bald.

9. What color is your bedroom?
Off-white.  I rent and can't change the color.

10. Where is your favorite place to visit?
Anywhere in nature.

11. What is one thing you want to accomplish this year?
Helping Krissy and John through John's bone marrow transplant.  I can't think past that.

12. Why do you write in a journal? 
I often think about this question.  I think it is to know that I am not alone.  It is to get the extra baggage out of my head and to feel validated.  I started on a whim and continued and am not sorry :-) !!

13. What is your favorite joke?
  Oh, I have a Thanksgiving one for you!!!  Why did the turkey cross the road??  He was stapled to the chicken!! LOL

14. Do you like the city or the country? 
The city is nice to visit, but I really love the country.

15. What style is your house decorated?  
No particular style.  "Valerie-style" LOL

16. Who is your favorite artist?  
If you mean musical, that is too hard!  I like way too many musicians.  Painting, well I love quite a few painters as well.  I appreciate so much in art!!  Wow!!  I do tend to look at my compilation of Van Gogh pictures alot.  I love the "moods" in his works.

17. Can you pat your tummy and rub your head at the same time? 
Oh, another experiment.  Let me try this, too.  Yes, I can.  I can also rub my tummy and pat my head!  Does this mean anything special about me?? LOL  Do I get a prize?? LOL


18. Are you a night owl?  Yes, it comes with chronic illness.

19. What is something you love in your house? (If you have a picture you get extra credit!)  My bed with a termpurpedic mattress and tempurpedic pillow!!!  Need I say more?

20. Do you believe in God?  Oh my, yes!  Not only do I believe in God and Jesus and angels, but I cling to them!!!

21. What hobby could you never give up?   My computer and my digital camera


22. What color makes you think of Hope?  Blue/white

23. What color makes you think of Love?  Blue again

24. What is your favorite flower?  violets for a spiritual reason and red poppies because they are so gorgeous and red geraniums and....oh goodness, I love them all!!

25. If you had one wish for the world, what would it be?   To know God and know peace.

26. Whats the best surprise you have ever received?   Perhaps my daughter deciding to live with me last year. 

27. What can you cook like no-one else?  Everything I cook is very good, but I don't have a "specialty".

28. What do you think about most?   God, my place in the world, my purpose in life, how I can help others, the usual heavy stuff..

29. Who is your favorite poet?  I like all kinds of poetry.  I do think that Poe is really cool.  I love alot of the poetry I find in journals now!!

30. And last but not least, if you could wrap yourself up in one word...what would  that word be?  LOVE

 Have a good day everyone!!! xox

8 comments:

  1. I loved your answers...great job.  I need to answer these too soon!!  Hugs and have a great day and week ahead.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers my dear :o)
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or perhaps the one following my brain surgery where I was surprised that I didn't mind being bald.

    I found I loved being bald too.....and when my hair was about an inch long I wore baby barretts.

    I loved your answers Val.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answers! You can learn so much about people by reading these journals. Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like surveys that let you know more about fellow JLanders. You know I have been renting all my life and I found that in most leases you are allowed to change the colors in your home. See the building managers and owners always tell you that you can't but read through your lease. Most times the lease only says that you have to leave the apartment in the condition in which you received it. So like in my apartments I always paint and hang different pictures but when I leave I paint it back to the color they had it and I plug in all the holes from the nails I put in the walls. Just a thouht. I like your answer about your daughter that was really sweet and true.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fine answers, Val. It is great getting to know you through your journal.

    --Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahaha!!!  The turkey is stapled to the chicken!

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts - fun, intelligent, silly, joyful, spacy - it matters not =)