"I am happy and you should be as well. Let us pray together with joy." Pope John Paul II
Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope everyone is having a fairly decent day! I just took a walk outside and it is 36 degrees here! There is snow in the forecast! What is that about? Where is my Spring weather? Ah, Pennsylvania is a crazy state! It was nice to get out, though, as I haven't been out enough in the last week, so I put on my winter coat and buttoned it up and put the hood on and went out for an hour. There were quite a few others out as well. Funny thing, there were those in coats like me, and there were those who had no coat on. Some Pennsylvanians go by the calendar for Spring and wearing Spring clothes. They will even wear shorts in the 30's and 40's. Not me. I'm a chicken. Perhaps I would if my muscles didn't ache and I liked my legs a little more.
I am leaving for Johns Hopkins in the middle of the night tonight. Krissy decided to go with me and that is a nice treat!! Thanks, Krissy!! She is such a doll!! I didn't ask her because it is so close to her wedding, but she offered and set it up, so I am grateful!! What a doll!! I will be there one to four nights. I don't like the unknown too much and I am not too sure what they are going to do, but I will go with the flow. I know they are checking my head pressure and I know they will convert my non-programmable v/a shunt to a programmable one if need be. It is all good with me. Anything deemed necessary to make my health a bit better. They are the ones with the degrees. Not me. Thanks to all who commented and emailed and sent their prayers and good wishes. They mean more than you will ever know!!
I wanted to share with all of you a Jeff Foxworthy funny on Pennsylvania. I received it in the mail from a friend. If you live in PA you will understand it and laugh (I hope...I did). If you don't, you will learn more about my state!
~ If you consider it a sport to sit in a treestand all day long with a bow or a gun justto put food in your freezer...you might live in PA.
~ If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Bradford is the coldest spot in the nation...you might live in PA.
~ If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March...you might live in PA.
~ If you instictively walk like a penguin five months out of the year...you might live in PA.
~ If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there...you might live in PA... cause we are all so darn friendly :-)
~ If your Dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead cause he wears a hardhat...you might live in PA.
~ If you have worn shorts, a parka, and sunglasses at the same time...you might live in PA.
~ If your town has an equal number of bars and churches and your priest or minister asks you to pray for the Steelers and wants to get you all home for the 1:00PM kickoff...you might live in PA.
~ If you have had a lengthy telephone call with someone who dialed a wrong number...you might live in PA.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE PENNSYLVANIAN WHEN:
1. "Vacation" means going north up past 1-80 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from heat to A/C and back again more than once in the same
5. You can drive 65 m.p.h. through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard and not
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave the doors
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are covered with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost fall, winter, still winter, and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete deer statue next to your blue
14. Down South to you means Morgantown, W.V.
15. A critter is something you eat.
16. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new F-150.
17. You go out to fish-fry every Friday and Bingo every Wednesday.
18. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
19. Your snowblower has more miles on it than your car.
20. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly"
I will let everyone know how my hospital stay turned out as soon as I am able to post. Until then, take care of one another and enjoy Spring, whether it is chilly and rainy or glorious in your part of the world! xox